Monday, May 13, 2013

Locks of Love ~

Mary Dalton has been growing her hair out for about 18 months now...
She read an article in her American Girl magazine and learned about Locks of Love...
One of Dalton's college friend's precious daughter was diagnosed with cancer and Mary Dalton followed (and still does!) her story on Caring Bridge...
She and Jackson both have had crayons sales, lemonade stands and made bracelets to raise money for cancer research...
All ideas were theirs...
She SAID she wanted to participate in Locks of Love, but I REALLY did not not know if she would go through with it or not...
I measured her hair and realized she had 10 inches!!! It was time for the BIG cut!!!
 
Leah was SO sweet to meet us on Monday ~ her day off!!! That long hair is a LOT to deal with...and summer is almost here! I wanted it cut before we started swimming!
She was very excited about getting her new "do!"
Tah-dah!!!!! Her pony tail measures right at 11 inches so it meets the requirements to be made into a wig for some sweet child!!!
I am SO proud of her for sticking with this! Several times I BEGGED her to cut it because she HATES to have it brushed/dried...and it got SO tangled!!!
She looks so growny!! We ALL love her new look!!! We washed and dried it tonight...4 minutes to dry it!!! WAYYYY better than 20!!! :)
I am SO thankful for my sweet girl and her compassion for others. The night before we cut it when she said her prayers she prayed for the little girl that would be getting her hair...
It was absolutely priceless...
So many times I wonder am I ANYWHERE close to doing a decent job at raising them to be the people God wants them to be...
and then He sends me sweet reminders like that one....
 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive