Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve & New Year's Day!!!

Yesterday we woke up with the CHICKENS and headed to Athens ~ the men were going to a huge annual hunting sale and the kids and I were planning to meet my cousin, Stacey, who lives in CO but was in Athens visiting her grandmother! I haven't seen her in 5 years and when I saw her it was at a funeral for about 15 minutes! I SO enjoyed catching up with her! I just wish she lived closer! My kids fell in LOVE with her and are now dying to go to CO!
When we got home Sallie Ann came over to help Mary Dalton with her new sewing machine! I KNEW she would take instruction better from Sallie Ann than anyone else! She taught her the basics and MD made two sleeping bags for her AG dolls! She was so proud of herself!
NYE night, we headed to some friends' house for a pig pickin' and an AMAZING firework show!!! I mean it was IMPRESSIVE!!!
These two bundled up and had the best time playing at The Gay's house! We came home around 10:30....5 a.m. was catching up with ALL of us....and they got their baths and rang in the New Year for the first time ever! They were super excited about seeing the ball drop! Jackson was my first kiss in 2014! He beat Dalton! ;)
Our NYD has been WONDERFUL!!! I have on work out clothes and no makeup! I baked some this morning, the kids painted canvases, jumped on the trampoline, and watched movies...
We also started an on-going-everlasting game of Monopoly!!! Maybe we will be done by 2015!
And our other BIGNEWS is that Dalton was recently named as the new county attorney!!!!
Several people applied for this position and we are thrilled that he was chosen! I know he will do an outstanding job!!!
I filled out my new calendar for 2014 and it is already filling up fast! I am going to enjoy these last few days of Christmas break before things go back in full swing around here!
Happy New Year's!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive