Thursday, September 3, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me! :)

Tuesday was my 37th birthday ~ 
Mary Dalton stayed home from school for the second day this week because she was STILL sick.
When Jackson and I walked in my classroom two girls said,
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
and I swear...
he looked at me with this puzzled look and said,
"Today is your birthday!?!?" 
I feel the love Jackson. 
My sweet senior class went ALL out and surprised me for my special day! I seriously would have to say that hands down this was the best "adult" birthday I have had yet! They were SO sweet about the morning and I had NO IDEA that they were doing this for me! 
We even had a photo booth!!! ;) 
and...
they had a crown for the birthday girl to wear! ha! They know I love some BLING! ;) 
A couple of students made waffles for everyone, we had another flipping pancakes, another was frying bacon...all in the science lab! ha!
They had breakfast casserole, grits, muffins, cinnamon rolls, fruit and pigs n blankets...
this crew can throw a party! 
They went ABOVE and BEYOND with the breakfast alone, but then they all brought me the sweetest and most thoughtful gifts! My favorite snacks, candles galore, jewelry, precious tervis cups, and frames! 
It was SO special and I felt so loved by my other "babies!" 
I told them that it was sad that the people I didn't even birth acknowledged my birthday more than the two who gave me stretch marks! ha! 
They had this sweet note on my mini fridge ~ each student wrote one thing they "love about Miss Amber" 
I mean seriously...how could this day get any better?!? 
I had a ROUGH school year last year and was questioning where I was where God wanted me. My sister saw this list and I told her about my day and she said, "That is your answer....you are where you need to be." 
And I am know she is right. 
After loads of laundry, football carpool, catching MD  up on school work, cooking supper and packing lunches for the next day ~ 
These 3 had another surprise party for me! :) 
I even had a handmade crown! 
Diet coke, People magazine and Reese Cups ~ 
3 of my favorite things! 
It was such a fun day and I am so thankful for the many people who made my day extra special! 
Looking forward to a great year! 

No comments:

Blog Archive