Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Packing it Up ~

This past fall Mary Dalton mentioned  that she wanted to put up her AG dolls ~
insert me sobbing here...
I told her to wait and be sure...
Well, during Spring Break she REALLY wanted to clean up the toy room so we bought boxes and sorted/purged/saved.
I saved a TON for my granddaughter to play with one day!!! :)
This is what was left...
I really didn't think it would be so hard for me...I LOVE the age she is now, but knowing that the "little girl" part is gone...well, it makes me sad.

If you know MD, you know we take these dolls EVERYWHERE ~ they have been on SO many adventures!
Here is "Bitty" at Amelia Island...the doll that started it all ~ 
Anywhere we went, we had a doll (or two) in tow...
Out to eat ~ a doll went..we even had to get high chairs! 
We have visited AG stores in Atlanta, NYC,and Chicago...
This was us last fall..when I left out of this store with just one outfit...I knew she was growing out of this phase...
She would alternate which doll went with us so "nobody got their feelings hurt."
I can't tell you the number of pageants, pretend birthday parties, and tea parties I have attended for these dolls! 
McKenna even went to Paris with us!!! 
She has played school with them 100s of times...
We even had a spa birthday party where ALLLL the dolls came! 
Don't get wrong...these things are NOT cheap...but it kept her a little girl a LONG time and for that, it was worth it.
So, just like that...there is not a sign of a doll in my house.
She will be 12 in August, so of course this is normal...but it still makes me sad that it is over.
I wish she would ask me more time to "judge her pageants and take notes" or "Julie's turning 7 at 2:00! Come to my room!" But instead, it's "I need a new straightener." "I am out of eye shadow." "I don't need your help."
Hang on tight Mamas ~
"The days are long, but the years are short." 

No comments:

Blog Archive