Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Labor Day Weekend

September 1st is one of my favorite days of the year!!! I LOVE summer but once we are back in school, I am ready for cool weather, fall scents, sweaters and scarves!!! I welcome September every year!!!
Friday morning, Daltin left at 4:30 to fly to CO for an elk hunt. It was a much needed get away, but we are missing him terribly and can't wait for him to get home! I turned 38 on Friday and got the gift of a DAY OUT OF SCHOOL thanks to Hurricane Hermaine! We had a lazy morning and Nana came to see us!!! I was excited to see my sweet mama and have some company! The weather was yucky all day, and Nana and the kids to played Go Fish, speed and spoons! They had a blast! It was a very relaxing day...and nana even bought me a birthday cake! :)
Saturday morning we took Jackson to our friend Steve...Dalton arranged this so jax wouldn't miss the opening weekend of dove season! Jackson thinks the world of Steve and was excited to go hunt with him!
While they hunted, we did some shopping and had lunch in Augusta! Fun girls day! 
While we were there, this picture came through...17 1/2 years and I still adore this man. Made my DAY to see his face!!!
Jackson got home and killed 11 birds in the hunt! He had a great time for sure! 
Saturday morning we left early and headed to Tybee Iskand for the day. This is typical...Jackson sleeping and Mary Dalton making a musically. That girl has yet to meet a camera she doesn't like...
The weather was PERFECT!! The beach was packed but we enjoyed 4 hours of sand and sun!!!
Jackson had the BEST time! I bet he swan 10 miles! The waves were huge after the hurricane and he jumped and dove into them nonstop! I thought MD was a beach fan, but her brother wins that title!!! While he was swimming, Daltin face timed us!!!! Ahhhhh....technology!!!!! 
After we got home and showered, I got the urge to "haul out the fall" I LOVE fall decor and I had time to do it...so we drug it out and decorated!!! It may be 98 degrees outside but it's fall central in our house!!! :)
Monday morning, my sweet mama did all of my ironing...God bless her sweet soul. I worked on our tax junk for our rentals and the farm...I thought it would take HOURS but I got it done in two hours!!! We went to farm mid morning and enjoyed the cool weather from the porch. And I need to add...the farm isn't the farm without Dalton there!!! 
We had lunch and then Nana got in the road around 1 to head to my sisters for the night. We hate to see her leave. I guess it's gotten easier over the years, but I sure wish we lived closer!!! We had such a fun visit with her and can't wait to see her again!
As soon as she left, MDD and I started cleaning out...we did all the kitchen drawers, cabinets and pantry...both our closets, jewelry, and the dining room storage area!!! She loves to organize as much as I do!!  

We ended our weekend on the back porch watching Jax work with Daisy on her tricks!!!
Four day weekends are a real treat...and when your mama gets to come spend it with you, it's even better! We have a pretty busy week planned...and of course I am COUNTING DOWN until Dalton is home on Friday!!! 

No comments:

Blog Archive