Thursday, November 28, 2013

Mississippi Thanksgiving Part I ~

I swear I have never been so ready to get to MS as I was this week! I haven't seen my parents since June so we were LONG overdue for a visit!!! We got lots of candy for the 10 hour journey! It rained the WHOLE way but the kids were so good!
We stopped in Leeds, AL for a break at Bass Pro ~ the kids got to burn off some energy and it helped break up the trip! In the shooting game below ~ Mary Dalton hit 2 targets in 30 seconds, Jax hit 16!
We stopped for BBQ in Meridian and my life was forever changed when I ate my first fried twinkee....holy heavens!!! It's my new favorite and I HAVE to figure out how to make these!!!
We got to my brother's house around 8:30 ~ I was ready to be out of the car but thankful we made it 8 hours! My kids ADORE my big brother!
Wednesday, we spent some time in Brandon ~ were Dalton & I lived while he was in law school. He went by to let his old barber "Robert" cut his hair ~ we got Jax trimmed up too while we were there!
We took them by our old apartment ~ Crosswinds ~ it's so strange...
seems like we have been in GA forever, but then it seems like I could walk up those 3 flights of stairs and go right back to how things were then! The kids were SHOCKED that we had one bedroom and one bathroom!
We got to Natchez around 2 and DDD headed for the woods with my Daddy. When he got back ~ we took full advantage of the grandparents and free babysitting! We went to dinner at The Castle at Dunleith ~ it was SOOOO good!!! Very elegant, quiet, historic....just perfect!
While we were gone ~ Mary Dalton's best friend in MS ~ Reagan ~ dropped by just so they could see each other! They are so much alike it's kinda scary!!! They are planning to play tomorrow and MD is so excited!
Obviously, I am still on GA time and woke up at 4 a.m. here ~ 5 there ~ so I have gotten some online shopping done, caught up on blogs, and am ready to help Mama finish up cooking! My brother and his crew will be here shortly and I am looking forward to a day of fun, food and family!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive