Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Weekend of REST ~

We have had a great weekend ~ it was very restful...much needed for sure!!! Friday after school ~ Jackson went to the cabin with Dalton and MD and I went and got some movies from Red Box, a frozen pizza and ice cream ~ We put on our pjs and had the best night at home!!! We slept until 9:30 Saturday morning ~ we were worn out!!!
We spent Saturday doing laundry and swimming ~ and this popped up on my time hop....6 years ago...
Oh how I miss a smocked dress!!!
We showered and headed to a new Japanese place for supper ~ it was really good!!! Mary Dalton has gotten to the place in her almost 12 year old life where she likes me...WHAT?!?! I know...crazy...and it won't last long, so I am enjoying our girl time together! I offered for a friend to spend the night, but she was content with it being just the two of us...and we had a great time together!
After supper, we went and picked up the boys ~ and yes...they were swimming in the pond... I literally had to bleach their feet today...it was DIGUSTING. Their toes were literally yellow. GAG ~ SO nasty!!!
They wanted to come and stay home here so they could swim...they were actually really good...boys can be...well, wild at times, but they entertained each other and were quiet...oh and they did not break any bones or anything in my house...or make a mess...so it was a success for sure! :)
We spent today getting ready for the week ~ that seems to be the normal Sunday activity around here...we squeezed in some pool time and the kids are headed to youth soon!
We have a busy week ~ Jackson's first football game, chapter 1 tests in most subjects for both kids, dance, and Mary Dalton turns 12 this week!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive