Wednesday, June 2, 2010

We are LOVING Summer Break! :)

We are enjoying our summer break soooo much! The kids have been up late every night and are sleeping a "wee" bit later ~ we are still working on that! :) Monday night, when we got home from the coast, Phineas and Ferb Marathon was on. We decided to pop popcorn and sleep in the den (I laid with them for awhile, but that floor kills my back!). They were so so excited because they don't have TV's in their room, so it was a treat to fall asleep watching TV! I love surprising them with "nothings" like this ~ this was free, easy and it MADE their little night!



When we were in Savannah, we had to take a ride on the carousel! I have to watch...this silly things makes me soooo dizzy ~ thankfully Dalton offered to ride with Jackson...I am still not 100% comfortable with him with his hurt arm. He goes back on Friday and we are praying he will be ALL better and we can be done with the brace for good!

How cute are they??? ;) ~ You would know JD would pick the ONE horse that had the smallest hint of "redneck" ~ See it???

Mary Dalton had her eye on this horse the entire time we ate ~ she is ALL into purple these days!
Here are a few funnies from this week ~
*I said, "MD, tomorrow is mine and Daddy's anniversary. We will be married 10 years." She said, "GREAT! Where are gonna go? On a trip or something?" Just what I wanted!!! A trip with a 4 and 5 year old to celebrate! ;)
*I had a MAJOR "earbug" ~ you know, when a song gets stuck on your head and I was singing part of a song "I wanna get married....and run away...." Jackson said, "MAMA! You ARE married! Daddy would be so sad if you married somebody else and we don't want you to run away!"
*MD LOVES to play school and I got recruited to teach today ~ I gave her a stack of sight words and told her to read them to me. I was half paying attention and realized she was stuck on one word and kept saying "dddd...nnnn" I thought she was trying to sound out "down" so I just kept saying...sound it out, say the letters and think about it. After a few seconds she said, "I'm sorry Mama, but "dn" is not a word. There isn't even a vowel!" I looked at the card and realized she was looking at "up" upside down! ;)
*Since we picked fresh peaches, we have been eating LOTS of them. Yesterday, JD bit into one and then put it down. I told him that he had to eat it, he was wasting. He said, "That peach did not shave. I can't eat it."
*The kids were both on a preventive antib. last week after the meninigits scare. The main side effect was colored urine ~ I mean RED/ORANGE urine. They were in the pool and JD said he needed to potty, but then changed his mind. I was sitting by the pool and noticed he was VERY still...and then noticed a RED cloud around him. I said, "Jackson! Did you tee tee in the water?" He said, "No mam." I said, "I see red!" he replied, "Oh Mama, it was just a squirt or two!"
*At Bass Pro on Monday, the kids bought a Butterly Garden. It is advertised all the time on Sprout so they were pumped! When they were trying to talk Dalton into buying it, JD said, "In just 10 days, beautiful butterflies will emerge!" Can you say he LOVES a commercial!?! We were cracking up! Then, MD added ~ If you order our caterpillars now, they will throw in 10 more for free! ;)

No comments:

Blog Archive