Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Two New Recipes ~ Tried and Tasted...Delicious!!!

I have 2 recipes that I have made in the past few days that are so yummy I thought I would share...key point...they are EASY!!!

Tomato Spread ~
1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 small can black olives, drained
1/4 cup diced green onion
1 small container of Feta cheese, crumbled well
4 oz. of capers
1-2 Tsp of Italian seasoning (more or less to taste)
4-5 TBsp of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

**Combine everything and bake at 350 for abotu 20 mins. This is also good cold! Serve with pita chips or crackers. I think it would also be REALLY good on pasta!


Hamburger Bake ~ Someone brought this to me when I had MDD. I have not made it in awhile, but just did it for tonight! Super easy, really good!

1 lb. hamburger
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2 cups macaroni noodles (I used whole wheat)
8 oz. cream cheese (I use light) softened
8 oz. sour cream (I use light)
Cheese
bell pepper
onion

Brown meat with onions and peppers. Boil pasta. After you drain the pasta, add cream cheese and sour cream....mix well. To the meat mixture, add tomatoes and tomate paste. Layer pasta mixture, then meat mixture, then top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 mins. Freezes well.

Like I said, these are SUPER easy, but really yummy!!! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive