Thursday, March 24, 2011

What a Week!

We have been going 90 to nothing ALL week! Yesterday, the kids had choir after school and I stayed at school and worked on my syllabus for AP psychology next year ~ I am a nerd about things like that! I LOVE to get details all worked out and match standards to objectives, it actually makes me happy as strange as that sounds! After that, I went for a run but it was HOT and I only went about 2 miles. I picked up the kids and we had dinner with a friend and her kids and got home around 7...that's LATE for me! I had a great time, but that is not enough time for me to get all my "stuff" done for the next day!
Mary Dalton LOVED taking the ITBS ~ she said she wanted to be the person that graded those tests when she grows up ~ I too, have always thought that job would be fun! She had a better night last night and I am praying that she will be able to sleep again tonight...poor thing, she does NOT do change well!
My precious blue eyed boy has been quite a handful lately. Today, Dalton stopped by the school and we walked down to K4 to see him. He was crying because he hurt his leg. He hurt his leg because he was trying to poke his buddy with his pencil ~ I love the way God builds in his own little punishments! ;) He no longer wants us to read to him at night, say his prayers or sing a song. He says that's "kiddish" and he is "grown upish" ~ I went to lay with him and get a good night kiss the other night and he pulled out one of his squirrel tails ~ that got me right on outta there! He sleeps with it every night....if I were a betting woman, I 'd say he MIGHT be a hunter!

Mary Dalton is riding her bike like a CHAMP ~ Jackson can ride, but not nearly as well as she can. And may I add ~ HOW GROWN DOES SHE LOOK IN THIS PICTURE? She ALWAYS had a bow in her hair,, but when we had these pics done last week, I opted for a "natural" MDD and I LOVE it!


Jackson was NOT into having his pics made! Livi ~ the one he plans to marry ~ came with her mom and he was MUCH more interested in playing with her! We did get some cute shots though!

Jackson was crying about a hangnail hurting and MDD said, "It's a good thing you don't have to give birth, you would not make it big boy!" ha! Wonder where she heard that one??? ;)
At the funeral this week, 3 of the men that work for Dalton's Daddy came. They were SO precious all dressed up, I had to get my picture made with them! Check out "Ant" in the hat and shades ~ LOVE it! The one on the right of me is Lucille's husband (She used to keep the kids when they were babies). It meant so much to us that they came!
**And I am not that tall, but I had on those cute blue shoes! ;)
I had to get a picture of Dalton and his grandfather, who he is named after. His name is Hugh Dalton, Dalton is Dalton David and then of course we have Mary Dalton. He also has Alzheimer's and was very confused about what was going on at times, then other times, he knew EXACTLY what was happening ~ such a sad, sad illness. I walked up to him and said, "You look so good Granddaddy!" He said, "Not as good as you!" ha! LOVE him! I said, " I am amber, dalton's wife." He rolled his eyes over to me with the cutest smirk on his face and said,
"You married THAT damn fool?!?" It was priceless!;)
At the funeral, we sang Lead On Oh King Eternal and A Mighty Fortress is Our God and he remembered every word ~ so bizarre how that illness works....
Turkey season comes in Saturday, so I will be a flying solo until May! ;) Dalton is BEYOND excited and I love that he loves it so! We have a low key weekend planned at home and are looking forward to spending LOTS of time outside!







No comments:

Blog Archive