Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Mississippi So Far ~

The kids and I left early Monday morning to head to MS for the week!
We got to Birmingham around lunch and made our way to Johnny Rockets!
It is SO SO SO nice that my sister is in Birmingham! It breaks the trip up into 2 five hour drives instead of one 10 hour drive ~ and I get to visit with my sister and her family!
After we ate, we met up with my sister and Emily and went to a few shops and stopped for a snowcone!
We were seriously in bed by 8:30 ~ 9:30 GA time...we were SO tired!
we were up and on the road the next morning by 7!
Headed to Natchez!
The kids ALWAYS want to stop at Crossgates Methodist where I taught preschool when Dalton was in law school ~ we are usually in a hurry, or they aren't open, etc but it lined up that we were able to stop  by and see a few old friends on the way through!
Colleen was the assistant director of the preschool when I was there and she is now the director...she is so super sweet and it was great to see her and get a tour to see what all changes have been made! I LOVED working there!!! There were 4 ladies who are still there (I left in 2001) so that was fun to see them again!
We got to Nana and Pawpaw's house around lunch and after we ate the kids were DYING to go to dang Dollar Tree!!! Off we went ~ I thought we could at least mark that off the "to do in Natchez" list!
Reagan spent the night with us last night and I went to a baby shower supper for my sweet friend, Paige! I didn't even take one picture but she is the CUTEST pregnant  person ever!
It was a fun night celebrating with her and I can't wait to meet Mary Collins!
 
We woke up early again this morning and checked off their next "to do" item ~ A trip to the creek!!!
They LOVE this creek!!! They would have stayed until the sun set!
After they played about 3 hours, we went to my sweet Great Aunt Weenie's house for lunch ~ she is a DOLL!!! She made roast, rice, butter beans, cream corn, and corn on the cobb ~
and the BEST sweet tea according to MD and Jackson! ;)
(the brownies were to DIE for also!!! I see a LOT of exercising in my future!)
My children LOVE her ~ I am so thankful that they have gotten to know her since they were not able to know my Nannie.
It has been a FUN week so far!!!  Mary Dalton is going to church with Reagan tonight and my mama is making her famous spaghetti and meatballs! We are planning on spending the day downtown tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Blog Archive