Sunday, October 22, 2017

Fall Fun

Can we just have a moment for how cute this child is!?! I mean, I know he's mine but seriously those blue eyes get me every time!

Last week, both Jackson and Mary Dalton  wanted to hunt. Mary Dalton has never really shown an interest, but all of the sudden decided that she wanted to hunt. So, I went with Jackson and Dalton went with Mary Dalton. She quickly informed him she was only there to text Ann to let her know if the deer happened to walk out! Ha! 

Let's just say, that Jackson and I had better luck than the other two! He shot a doe and he was so proud! We tried to track it on our own but we almost got lost in the woods, so we waited on Dalton to get there and he found it with no problem! This was the first dear Jackson his shot without Dalton being there so he was really proud! Since then, he started hunting on his own  stand alone... which makes me nervous!

I had a field trip last week with my freshman and sophomores to the swamp in  Augusta. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time, but good golly a field trip will wear you out!
The following day, I was out again with the leadership class for our county. This is a great opportunity for youth and I have enjoyed getting to know the students from the other schools!

We had a program at our school last week and titled, "choices matter." One man shared his story of killing two people in a drunk driving accident. We heard him speak a couple of years ago but it is very moving every time you hear his story. They also had an illusionist there and he was awesome!


Hunting season is in full swing, and Dalton had a cabinet full of friends here! Mary Dalton had Whitney so spend the night. They drink sparkling cider and watched movies. It was a very quiet Friday night and much needed after a super busy week!
I love this picture of their heads together… You can't even tell who is who! 


Our tickets arrived for Mistletoe and we are so excited! Mary Dalton and I will be going to Mississippi next week to get a jumpstart on our Christmas shopping! I love sharing this tradition with her now that she is older!

Hunting season means lots of time to myself… Which means I have time to read! I spent a good portion of Saturday and Jackson's hammock reading and enjoying the beautiful weather.

We are looking forward to our annual pumpkin carving contest this weekend, our trip to Mississippi, and cooler weather! The kids are already so excited about Christmas, and they are both playing Christmas music daily! It will be here before we know it and we can't wait!

No comments:

Blog Archive