Monday, May 13, 2019

Honors Day 2019

We celebrated honors day the week before last! I think Mary Dalton was most excited that they were allowed to wear dresses this year! 

Jackson and his sweet friend brooklyn. These two were like brother and sister! I think they talk on the phone every single day!!! 
Our kids racked up this year! Mary Dalton received every highest average for every class in eighth grade. That’s a huge deal because she is in the largest class at our school. She also received distinguish headmasters, three years and Junior Beta, quiz bowl, and was recognized as for being student of the month. She’s worked so hard this year and has such a good work ethic! I am so proud of her!
Poor Brinson… I’m not sure he knows what to make of Dalton still to this day! Dalton said that Mary Dalton needed a picture with her two favorite men! 

Jackson receive the highest average in science, duke talent, two years Junior Beta and a quiz bowl recognition. He had a great year! Thanks just come supernaturally for him. I did not see him do homework one time all year nor did I see him study for any test. Somehow he managed to have distinguished headmaster honors for the year! He may not of received every has the average but it seems to me like he has the system figured out!!! 

Susan and Jerry came to see the children get their awards. 
Mary Dalton loves Mark Smith to death! I’m so thankful for this so many people in our lives who are stand in family for our  kids! We are blessed with SO many people who love our kids! 

I was in charge of honors day for the fourth year in a row… And it is absolutely exhausting. Trust me, I was as worn out as I appear to be in this picture! I actually went home and took a three hour nap!  

Beauty and brains right here!!!!!

these two… They re-create this picture every year. 
I am so proud of Mary Dalton and Jackson. I’m thankful for school and the teachers that they have. I’m thankful that they are pushed to do their best and that our school family loves them so! I’m thankful for the opportunities that they have been given. 


I can hardly believe that I will have a ninth grader and an eighth grader next year. Three days stand between these two and their summer break… They are definitely counting it down!!! 

No comments:

Blog Archive