Thursday, July 22, 2010

The BUSY days of summer!

First, I would like to share with all of the "blog" world the distraction I have when I blog....a cute blonde with blue eyes who sits either on the arm of my chair or does various tricks around my chair while I type! Today, he would squat down and then jump up and kiss me....oh be still my heart! ;)
Yesterday, we had the kids dental appt. Both of my kids are WONDERFUL about going to the doctor and dentist. Jackson LOVES the dentist. She had to ask him to "Open your mouth and eyes so you will stay awake!" ;) The dentist makes me sleepy too....he gets it honest! Everyone had a great check up! MD's 6 yr molars are coming in and her top teeth are getting loose. JD got a clean bill of dental health as well! I had to snap a pic as we were walking out the door ~ I feel my days of the "puffy" sleeves outfits and dresses are quickly coming to an end, so I want to *cherish* the last few months I may have left! :(
Our backpacks came in and we are ALL labeled, loaded, and ready for school! I cleaned out the pantry yesterday and made an entire "station" for lunch boxes, containers, etc. They made their own lunches last year, and I thought this would make it easier for them (and me...who am I kidding???).


Jackson was SOOOOO proud of his "YOGA" backpack and lunchbox. I was VERY pleased with the quality of the backpack from Pottery Barn ~ I hope it holds up, but it seems REALLY well made and sturdy!

I have read this book all the way through at least three times, but love to skim again from time to time for a "refresher" ~ If you have children and have not read it....RUN....literally.....RUN to the nearest bookstore and buy it! I LOVE this book! It is THE only book I have EVER read on child rearing or just children in general that I agreed with EVERYTHING he writes about and actually feel motivated and challenged to be a better parent! READ THE BOOK if you have children....you will NOT be disappointed. I wish ALL parents at our school would read this book...he touches on EVERY subject ~ discipline, spanking, back talking, self esteem, self worth, FAMILY time (which is not watching one member play a sport), children having jobs and responsiblities, helicopter parenting, teachers, etc. SOOOOO good! Can you tell I am a fan?? AND ~ the title says it all ~ "Parenting by the BOOK ~ THE BIBLE. Let me know if you read it! :)


This is how we spent most of our afternoon ~ their new favorite game is dumping each other off of the raft ~ They play so well together and have so much fun!


Sweeties Pies ~
Alison and her mom came over to swim ~ She and MD play so well together! Alison will be 8 in January ~ Such a sweet girl!

The Stewart boys also came over with their mom for some swimming fun! Branson was so cute jumping in! He got really brave too ~he is about 2 1/2 ~ Bryar is almost 8 and he and Jackson had a great time playing together!

Whew ~ I am tired just thinking about what all we did yesterday! Today, my mom, sister, 2 nieces and nephew are coming in for a long weekend! The kids are super excited!!! Should be lots of fun ~ and LOTS of laughing ~ my sister is a NUT and always makes things a wee bit more fun! :)








No comments:

Blog Archive