Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy FIFTH Birthday Jackson!

My sweet, baby boy ~
I cannot believe that you are FIVE today! Where has the time gone??? It seems like just yesterday, I was rocking you in the rocking chair singing you to sleep! The past 5 years have been SO much fun and I am so blessed to be your mother!
This year, you have learned SO much! You have learned lots of Bible verses and songs at school. You learned to swim like a FISH and were pretty close to diving at the end of the summer! You know your sight words forward and backwards and can sound out most any word! You have such a desire to learn and you work SO hard ~ you never give up ~ I pray you keep that quality!
You love school and have such sweet friends. You are quite the "Ladies Man" to say the least! Just today, you got into a little trouble for hugging on one of your "girls" at school! You are so caring and compassionate!

I love that you still let me hold you (every now and then) and I hope you will for a LONG time! I also love that when I wake you up and ask you what you dreamed about, you always say, "YOU!" You also say, "I love you as much as God does Mama." I pray you do know how much God loves you and how much your Daddy and I love and adore you!

You have a love for life and laughter that is contagious! Everything to you is sooo much fun and funny ~ I also pray that you keep that quality ~ Laughter! Your eyes *twinkle* when you talk about things that you love and I LOVE that! You love Star Wars, playing with your ipod touch, hunting with Daddy, playing outside, riding your bike, and building things! I LOVE how you love to discover new things!

Blessed to be your mother would not even describe how I feel! I pray every night that one day you will ask Jesus into your heart and that you will live a life that is pleasing to Him. I also pray that one day ~ a LONG time from now ~ that God blessed you with a woman who loves you like I love your Daddy. I pray that she is a Godly woman, who lights up when you walk into the room. Most of all, I pray that you will always know how much Jesus loves you!
You are the SWEETEST baby boy I know and I am proud to be your Mommy!
Happy Birthday Jackson David Dowdy!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love how you pray that Jackson will have someone one day who loves him like you love Dalton and that she is someone who will light up when Jackson walks into the room. This is my prayer, too, for my little boy. Birthday pictures are great!

Blog Archive