Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun Filled Family Weekend!

We had NO problems getting the kiddos up for school on Friday! They knew that Nana and Aunt Tasha were coming! (Jackson is loving his new booster seat!)
They got here late Friday night and the laughter started! My sister is so much fun and can ALWAYS crack me up! Saturday morning, the boys ~ Dalton, Jackson & Zachary headed to the farm and girls loaded up and headed to Augusta for a fun day of shopping!
We were PACKED like sardines after our day of shopping! I was so excited that I got to use my Dillard's gift card on a Easter dress and then found some precious Jessica Simpson shoes that matched it PERFECTLY! The dress was $149 and I got it for $22! Whoohoo!!! THAT makes me smile! :D That too shows the mark up on clothes and that is why I only buy when things are on sale! ;)
LoVe this picture of Emily & Mary Dalton ~ em is looking at the camera....mdd is looking at herself in the mirror...typical! ;) emily is so precious and so sweet to my kids and they love her so much! MDD feels so "grown" sitting by her, walking with her in the mall, etc.
We enjoyed lunch at PF Chang's ~ MDD ate her favorite...ribs and I had the tamale cakes. These are the BEST! I think that I could eat these every single day...no joke.
My sweet Mama ~ She is no doubt the sweetest, kindest person that I have ever met. Dalton wishes I was more like her! ha! ;)
On the way home, we made in a pit stop ~ Tasha bought a bag of peanuts from ~

this trailer thingy that has been parked in downtown Wrens for a couple of weekends now. They were really good peanuts! They also have funnel cakes & fresh squeezed lemonade...what a combo! I actually saw this segment on oprah that showed several food trailers/trucks that are popular in big cities. Of course, they are gourmet, but in the south ~ so are boiled peanuts and funnel cakes!

We went and got pedicures. MDD said she thought that this was the 1st time she ever left home without a hairbow ~ she may be right! She insisted on Taylor Swift going with us. While we were soaking, my sister and I noticed that Mary Dalton was undressing her doll. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I was just gonna let Taylor go for a swim!"

After we shot the idea of letting Taylor Swift down, Miss Priss decided that she would read a trash magazine! She found one with taylor swift on it and was set! My sister let the kids make cupcakes and decorate them with all sorts of fun stuff! They had a ball! She had a mini cupcake maker and this kept them entertained for hours!


We celebrate Bitty's birthday every year when they come to visit! bitty was turning 2! My mama had planned games and we even had gifts and a cake! She was excited!!!
After the party, Nana pulled out the crafts! They made all sorts of cool bookmarks!
Sunday, we spent the afternoon at the farm ~ I love this picture of Zachary and Jackson! Zachary was helping Jackson build his birdhouse he got for Christmas!
He got this set along with birdset at christmas. He was sooo cute in his Lowe's set!
Mary Dalton was so tired that she was sitting on the steps and was literally falling asleep! We had too much fun and factor in the time change ~ she could not hold her eyes open!

the kids got to skip school monday and stay home and play with Nana! They made suckers and our BIG NEWS is that we took their training wheels off!
They are not fully riding yet, but are close ~ Jackson of course is closer than Mary Dalton but she is doing good and we praticed again today!



What bicycle lesson is complete without CrYiNg!?!? Jackson WIPED out and was not very happy! :(
We had SUCH a good time and it is always so hard for me when they leave. I hate being so far apart from them, but I cherish the time that we do get to spend together and I am so thankful that my mama is able to come visit us during the school year! While we were outside yesterday, Emily said, "We have been here for all the big events ~ potty training, getting rid of the paci, taking training wheels off, pulling teeth." That really made me realize how blessed we really are! Even though we are 10 hours apart, we make it a priority to be involved in each other's lives. I am so thankful that my famiy has been able to be a part of so many things that are "milestones" so to speak in my children's lives!
We had a wonderful time and we can't wait until their next visit! :)
















No comments:

Blog Archive