Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break Day One ~

Today was the PERFECT start to our week! We woke up early ~ as usual ~ and I got a few things done around the house. The house was clean, laundry was put away, groceries were bought & put up all by 10 a.m. ~ to the yard we went!

I watered all my new plants/herbs and helped the kids ride bikes. Jackson cannot turn to save his soul ~ so I worked with him for awhile. He played in the playhouse and drew with sidewalk chalk. Mary D. rode bikes and then practiced doing flips on the bars ~ she is pretty good! :) We enjoyed lunch on the deck! They begged me to swim and begged some more ~ so I gave in!
MDD stole the camera for a shot of herself! ;)

The pool is SO clean! The pool guys that we hired are wonderful! If you live in this area ~ it is well worth looking into ~ Thames Pool out of Waynesboro...and it's not as pricey as you think! ;)
1st swin of the year ~ April 4.2011 ~ We always like to remember the 1st and last swim each year so we can "see" how much we use the pool as we continously throw money into it! ;) All jokes aside ~ the kids and I LOVE the pool and I look forward to getting in myself! :)
It was CCCCOOOLLLDDD but that did not stop MDD from diving right in! She jumped and swam for about 30 mins. When her lips were blue, I thought it was best she stop! ;) She loves the water so much!
Jackson ~ yeah...not so much! He jumped in and had SHEAR TERROR on his face. I have never seen him swim so fast to get out of that cold water. Then, in true JDD fashion, he was mad at ME for letting the water be cold! After he warmed up, he jumped again...and then cried because he was cold. He is NOT a fan of cold water!
Here he is jumping for the 3rd or 4th time ~ notice he is "aiming" for the stairs for a quick escape! ha!
It was SUCH a fun day! We have another fun day planned tomorrow with some sweet friends! Did I mention that I LOVE spring break???

No comments:

Blog Archive