Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Break Day 2 ~ Fun!!!

We started today with a trip to Augusta! The traffic was not bad at all ~ it was actually pretty empty, but we did steer clear of Washing Rd & The Nationals!

We ran errands and then had lunch at the mall ~

We sat at a high top table/bar right at the entrance and Jackson had a comment about EVERYONE that came in ~ "Look at his big old afro!" "Why does she have green hair?" "That lady looks awful with all those tattoos!" And my personal favorite, "She needs a better shirt, I can see her bra!" (I hope he keeps thinking that way for LOTS-A-YEARS!) The child has NO filter between his brain and his mouth....We have talked til we are blue in the face, but what's so bad is ~ he is usually right!

Guess we will keep working.... We then met up with our friends, Abby & Mallie to see Hop ~ it was PRECIOUS!!! My favorite part was when they played "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" and my 2 were singing like CRAZY! It was too funny! Dalton & I LOVE that song and they have heard it a lot!
I stopped at the Dollar Tree to get some candy and other items (they each got a snorkle set, see below). Before we went in the movie, I told the kids that I would give them their candy when we got in the movie, but that it was really aganist the rules and they had to be quiet about it. I noticed Mary Dalton got SUPER quiet and she said, "Mama, I don't think I will have any candy. I mean, what if we go to jail?" Jackson chimed in, "I am not scared one bit...Daddy's a lawyer and he can bail us right out!"

**Not sure how he knows about bail bonds???

****and you can see she did break down and eat her DOLLAR cotton candy ~ The movies will break you!! This girl will learn!

We went to swim at tha aquatic center, but it was CLOSED. This made 4 little ones VERY sad, so we decided to head to Build A Bear ~ this perked them right up!!! Jackson picked the bunny off of Hop! Good choice! :)

T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!
Mary Dalton with her bear, "Peace"
Jackson giving Hop a bath ~
Since our swimming plans got canceled AND we had googles, they opted to swim in our tub and had a BALL! They played for over an hour!


She got a BIG breath and under she went! ;)
Then, it was jackson's turn ~
When they came up, they were COVERED in bubbles!!!
Mary Dalton's googles broke as soon as opened them ~ she said, "Guess that's what you get when you pay $1 for snorkle AND googles!" ha! After she saw this pic, she said, "I am glad mine broke, I look awful!" She looks like "Chunk" off of The Goonies to me! ha!
tomorrow, not much is on the agenda ~ hanging out and enjoying these precious kiddos is my main objective! :)

1 comment:

Home of a Magnolia said...

Fun day- we are glad to be home. Hopefully we can get together with your crew this week. We have Tuesday plans, but that is about it. I bought an easter egg kit- maybe we could dye eggs or something. See you soon.

Blog Archive