Monday, October 7, 2013

Enjoying Our Fall Break ~

We have SO enjoyed our fall break so far! Friday, I took the kids to the park so I could run...my half marathon is in TWO WEEKS and I am in PANIC mode!!! I only had to stop to referee once, so all in all it was a successful run! 
Saturday, I ran in the Color Run ~ Which should be The Color STROLL ~ not for anyone who actually wants to run ~ 6,000 people and 5, 900 have never ran before. EVER. It was an experince to say the least...but that was my first and last "fun" run....
afterwards, we packed up and headed to the cabin for a long weekend! 
Jackson caught a lizard and had the best time playing with him....
they swang, rode 4 wheelers, played chase, and played in the woods...
I know one day they won't want to go to the cabin with us, so we try to make the most of our time while they still think it is "cool" 
Saturday night, we grilled steaks and tehn made smores...I guess we can say it is officially fall when we start making smores! :) 
Sunday morning, Dalton cooked the BEST breakfast...homemade doughnuts, biscuits and bacon...I had a 7 mile run that morning and eating all of that was NOT a good idea....but it was sooo good!!!

While I was gone, dalton and the kids were on the golf cart and MDD spotted a snake...it was actually TWO snakes!!! Male and Female...RATTLESNAKES!!! Jackson said that they were having "sexy time" ~ not really sure where he heard that and I was not asking ANY questions!!! 
Even though MD spotted the snakes, she did not want ANYWHERE near them for a picture! 
Sunday night, we went to Augusta to run a few errands ~ We had already told everyone we would not be at church because we thought Nana was going to be here so we took full adavatage of extra family time ~ We had a delicious dinner at Logan's! 
We have spent today putting up clothes, paying bills, and getting caught up on some things around here! Rain is coming and Dalton and I are going on a date tonight! Super Monday!!! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive