Monday, April 2, 2018

New York & DC Trip!

Last Saturday ~ Mary Dalton and I left EARLY to head to Washington DC and NYC with my Juniors and Seniors! This trip had been planned about 18 months and I realized that MD could easily room with me...so I signed her up to tag along! 
First off ~ my students are SO SWEET to her. Secondly, she is SUPER mature, so she fit in without any issues! She rode with Gracie Rae the whole way there and back. 
We got to DC and it was SOOOOO cold ~ we saw a few monuments Saturday night. 
The girls got a peddle cab through DC ~ they LOVED that!!! 
They ate from more food trucks than restaurants on this trip ~ and loved every one of them! 
They were supposed to be in their rooms by 11 ~ but somehow they talked me into WALKING in the FREEZING cold to go get doughnuts ~ it's all about making memories, right!?! ;) 
We arrived in NYC Monday and went to Grand Central Station ~ I hope that was my first and last trip there. It was packed. It was gross. There were homeless people everywhere. There was puke. See....never. again. Anyway ~ The girls ate fries and a cupcake while I held my breath and counted until we could leave! 
When in NYC ~ you HAVE to get SOMETHING from Tiffany!?!?! The last time we were in NYC, Mary Dalton was 8 so it was American Girl stuff ~ this time I wanted her to get something to remember her trip, so she picked out a beautiful bracelet! 
That night, we went to see Jersey Boys. Several of my students were not thrilled about this, but Warthen and I had front row seats and we LOVED it!!! The show was WONDERFUL and I enjoyed because this kid beside me LOVES life. He was so excited about our trip and was so thankful for the opportunity  ~made the work of the trip worth it! 

I was worried MD would get tired or not be able to "hang" but honestly she did better than some of my students! This girl was a TROOPER!!! 

Jake was her very own personal body guard ~ he kept a close eye on her and Graci! We enjoyed watching the ice skaters and then headed to China Town. Mary Dalton had a BLAST there! It was so hectic, I did not get any pictures, but she learned to wheel and deal FAST!!!

Our last night in NYC ~ we took most of the group back to the room and we headed out for a night of fun~ We walked Times Square over and over just taking it all in!

And ate more hotdogs!!!

The following day we saw The Statue of Liberty and Wall Street. We also toured the 9/11 museum. That was probably the most memorable thing from the trip! I want to go back and really have a full day to spend there. It was so moving. Well worth the trip just for that.


It was a JAM packed 5 days and A LOT of bus riding ~ but we had a blast and I am sure will be doing it again in a few years! 

No comments:

Blog Archive