Saturday, July 20, 2019

Updates and a Weekend Recap...

Well… It was a rough week last week. We finally got the popcorn ceiling scraped and the downstairs. We did not do the study or the sunroom but plan to do those at a later date. I really think I would’ve been OK but the closet did me in…

I cannot stand for things not to be in order and my life last week was total chaos…

Everything we own has been touched. I had to take every single thing out of our closet which called for me to re-organize it and put it all back. It was so bad that I hired two girls to come in and help me clean baseboards and wash walls. Needless to say I was absolutely whipped by Friday night but I’m super organized in my house as well on its way to being the cleanest it’s ever been.

By Wednesday night… I needed a night out. Which calls for charcuterie with some of my favorite ladies!

Thursday morning after cheer it was back to the grind. Jackson and I could be professional sailing scribers at this point. 

The boys went to Birmingham to a hunting show and Mary Dalton and I stayed here. I worked on cleaning things Friday night and Saturday we spent the day in Augusta. I cherish these days with her because she will be driving in a little over a year and I’m sure will never want to go with me anymore! We spent the whole day there and then came back and order Chinese. It was a perfect weekend for us!


The boys went to their annual hunting show in Birmingham last weekend. They look forward to the show every year.


Neither one of them take many pictures… This is all I got. 

I’ve had to help a good bit with the renovations going on in the house but I have managed to squeeze in some last-minute pool time before going back to work next week!


The highlight of my week was definitely Tuesday night. We stayed at the cabin because our room was not put back yet. It was clean because the maid had just left and it was raining… That called for a bubble bath, a good candle and catching up on some magazine reading … A perfect night!

On Wednesday the carpet in the den came up… And I’m doing all the praise hands! This carpet has been puked on, spilled oil,  painted on, etc. I’m glad to see it go!  

Clean slate!!! 

I went to the school this week and got everything set up for the new year. My house is organized in my classroom is organized… That makes me super super happy!


The new floor is getting laid in the living room today and the furniture is coming tomorrow… Or at least part of it. We will still have one room to go and a lot of touchups that need to be done but I can’t wait to see everything come together.

No comments:

Blog Archive