Saturday, August 5, 2023

Vacation Week

This year for vacation we decided to go spend eight days at our families codes house at Shellman Bluff. We stayed Sunday to Sunday and it was absolutely what we needed!!! Daltons  sister and her family were there when we got there and we enjoyed visiting with them. Sue Anna cooked a delicious dinner for us and then we played cards! 

These two have lots of quality time together.

Monday night we went to pelican point for dinner. It was so nice to spend time with each other. 

Jackson cooked a huge breakfast for us one morning. It was delicious! I think my favorite thing about this vacation was that we were able to relax. We took naps almost every day, everybody had space, there was delicious food, and the surroundings were beautiful!

We spent lots of time taking boat rides and going to the sandbar! Poor big D got sick and ended up in bed for two days. I hate he missed two days of vacation fun but he was able to rest and feel better to finish out the week! 

We had lots of time with our kids and we soaked it up. I still don’t think it’s hit me that Mary Dalton moves in in two days.

We were so so excited that Clarissa and Whitney came Thursday to Saturday! We really wanted the girls to spend some time together before college. You would think Clairissa and I would see each other a lot but this was a treat! We are both pulled in so many directions so it was nice to have a few days to catch up!! This particular day, we spent the morning at the pool and then went to the country club for lunch.

Dalton was the boat captain and drove all of us over to dinner on the boat. 

These three have had some absolutely amazing times together! I pray that they will always stay in touch! 

They definitely will argue, but 90% of the time they are truly best friends. I don’t know what they’re going to do this year when they are apart. They’ve never known life without the other one. I’m so thankful for their relationship. 

And these two… They are always up to something!!!!

We rented a JetSki for the week and the kids have the best time on it!

Dalton snuck in time with his best girl while Jackson and I stayed back and took a much-needed nap! 

This. 
This is exactly what I hoped this week would be. There was an a lot of running around, sightseeing, etc. instead there was lots of laughter, appreciation for one another and so many memories made. I doubt we will ever all four go back to the coast for a full week but I will always cherish those eight days I had with my people. 


No comments:

Blog Archive