Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thankful.

November was definitely one of the best months of 2023! We kicked off our Thanksgiving break with Mary Dalton and Jackson being reunited! It was so sweet to see these two back together!

we had movie night and watched Four Christmases with Sue-anna and Amos. We always have so much fun when they come to town!

I got the cabin all decorated for Christmas and we forgot about this ornament. Mary Dalton asked big D what he wanted for Christmas and he said, “Ohhhh just make me an ornament or some thing…“ And she did!

I think she was glad to see us at the beginning of the week! She was definitely having Athens withdrawals by the end of the week and was ready to get away from us! 

The night before Thanksgiving we had our annual oyster roast  at the cabin. Susan-Laine is such a little preteen now and it’s so much fun!

Jackson was the official oyster cooker and he did an outstanding job!

24 Thanksgivings with this one. 
I’m more thankful for him now than ever.

SL LOVES to play on the haybales. We have just as much fun as she does! 

Thanksgiving morning we slept in and Dalton cooked us a big breakfast while we watch the parade. We took a nap and then we had dinner at our house with just the four of us. It was exactly what my mama heart needed.
We had a wonderful time and ended our week with church and brunch on Sunday before Mary Dalton headed back to Athens. 


The older I get the more thankful I am for the ordinary days. November was so wonderful for us! Jackson got into UGA, Mary Dalton finished up her first semester of classes and is getting ready for exams, Dalton killed a mule deer, and I had a good mammogram. I’m so thankful for God‘s many blessings!!! 


No comments:

Blog Archive