Sunday, December 3, 2023

NYC

Last weekend had my high school trip to New York City. I do this every four years and it is always exciting to take my small town students to the Big Apple. It was many of their first flight, too!

I was ecstatic to have Nancy as our tour guide again. She has become a sweet sweet friend of mine and I absolutely adore her! She was born and raised in New York and knows every little detail there is to know!

Jackson did not travel with a group but flew into Longoria and Nan came over and met us. He had his own agenda for most of the trip to meet up with us for the rockettes ,wicked, and ice-skating.
We had the best time and ate the most delicious food!

As many times as we have been to New York we have never ice-skated! I just watched but sure enjoyed watching him!

Wicked has been on my bus jet list for a long time! It definitely lives up to the hype!

On Sunday we had brunch at the Russian Tea Room. We had never been here and it was definitely 10 out of 10!

We also visited every church we passed that was open. The history, the windows, the traditions… It’s just beautiful to me! We even got to hear one of the choirs practice for their Christmas cantata! 



On Monday morning I headed out early and Jackson had some extra time in the city before he flew home. We went and walked the Brooklyn Bridge… Another first for me! It was a beautiful day and a wonderful ending to a fun trip!


I am so thankful that I have had travel with my students! This was a wonderful trip and send thankful I got to share it with my students and their parents… And especially Jackson! 

No comments:

Blog Archive