Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TGIM!!!!

Thank goodness it's MARCH! I always think to myself, "If i can just get to March!" Winter was LONG and COLD this year and I am enjoying the warm sunshine and the birds singing! The days are getting longer and the children and I officially have "tan lines" so things are looking up! ;)
Today, was spring picture day at our school. Mary Dalton wanted to get up "extra" early to have her hair rolled...she could NOT be more girly! (and that's A.O.K. with me!)
Love me some blue eyed Dowdy babies! I still sometimes can't believe that they are both mine! So sweet, such special gifts from God!

As girly girl as Mary Dalton is, Jackson could not be "manlier" ~ if that's a word! ;) He is all about his boots and his bb gun! He is not really into football or other sports, but LOVES his gun! He waits everyday at the door for Dalton to come home so they can shoot. He will sit sooo still and just wait and listen for a bird. He has not killed a thing, but he is having a blast! I grew up with hunters and am so thankful that I married one (I may take that back in a few weeks when turkey season comes in! ha!) to teach Jackson all about it! My daddy and brother went to the hunting camp every weekend on Friday and came back just in time for church on Sunday. They still laugh and talk about the fun things that they did and the memories that they share! I hope my 2 boys will share the same experiences!
I did fix his pants before we left! ;) And yes, he was eating an oatmeal cream pie for breakfast, it's ok...OATMEAL is a breakfast food! :)
Tonight, a group of ladies are getting together to play BUNKO! I have not played in about 4 years and really missed it! I am excited to meet some new people and have a night out tonight!



No comments:

Blog Archive