Sunday, May 8, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend Wrap up ~

The smoke has still not cleared from our house from our WHIRLWIND weekend!

Friday after honors day, I worked at our school's beauty pageant. Mary Dalton and Jackson both wanted to go to see their friends ~ JDD wanted to see his girlfriend. He wanted to pick her roses, but they were ALL dead, so we stopped to let him get her a pink rose.


I am so glad that they went! That was one of my proudest moments as a mother! As I metioned, Mary Dalton REALLY wanted to be in the pageant so I was not sure how she would react when she saw her friends up there. She was SO precious! She sat with my friend and I could see her little face ~ she was TRULY happy for her friends and THAT made me so proud!

Whitney Sue, her best little friend, who a trophy and MDD just hugged her told her how pretty she was ~ I told her later that her actions made her the prettiest girl there! :)


Jackson's girlfriend Olivia won the pageant and he was SOOO cute about it! He kept saying, I told yall I had the prettiest girlfriend at this school!" ha!


After the pageant, I went with 2 of my senior girls to see "Something Borrowed" ~ they needed me as the "old" person so they could stay out past 11! ha! I am WAY TOO OLD to go to the 10:25 show, but it was super cute! :)


Saturday morning, I had to get up EARLY to run in our county's 5k ~ the buzzard blast...I know, the name is the pits! ;)

Mary Dalton helped my key club members work the water station!







As you can see ~ they had fun! :)


Mary Dalton also ran in the kids race ~ she came in last but she was PRECIOUS! My students would yell her name and she would stop and wave! ha!

Chelsey and Carlie cheering MDD on!


She was the yongest runner ~ she had to race 3rd graders, so I will cut her some slack! She didn't quit and THAT made me proud too! :)


Get ready to laugh ~ Clair and I placed in the 5k! I think we won by default ~ but we still won! ha! I got 2nd in age 30-35 and she got 3rd...We won a medal ~ probably the only one we will ever win! ;)

After the race, I tutored and then we headed to our friends' house for a Kentucky Derby party! The food was SOOOO good!

Sunday was spent at church and cleaning and cooking in preparations for Bunko which I have at our house tonight!


Dalton gave me the BEST Mother's Day present ~ he completed my "honey do list!" Like a true mother, I spent the day washing clothes, taking care of children, sweeping, cooking, and ironing....but I wouldn't have it any other way! I am beyond blessed with my 2 babies and I am so thankful that God chose ME to be their mother! :)














No comments:

Blog Archive