Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend + My 34th Birthday ~

We have had a WONDERFUL long weekend!!! The boys have been busy bird hunting and Mary Dalton & I had a GREAT shopping trip on Saturday!
 Our friends Rhett and Kari were here for the weekend, so the kids enjoyed playing with their girls! Jackson was SO excited about bird season ~ he even got up at 5 a.m. to go again today!!All that hunting has worn my boy out! he was in bed by 7 tonight and has had LOTS of naps this weekend!
 I don't know who was more excited about our shopping trip ~ me or mary d! ;)
 She insisted on bringing the twins along! She had some birthday money ~ and I did too ~ so we "mapped" out our day! We started around 9 and got home at 4 ~ we were worn out and out of money, but boy did we ever have fun!!!
 She was SO SO SO sweet!!! She bought me a cookie slice and a diet coke that we shared for my birthday! She also secretly bought me some hand sanitizer and a candle at bath and body works! She was an angel all day!!!
 We ate at PF Chang's bc the boys HATE that place! We ate lettuce wraps and they were ooooohhhhh sooooo good!!!!
 Can't think of anyone else I'd rather spend a shopping day with!!! We got lots of good deals! I got several things at The Limited to transition into fall and MDD bought some clothes and jewelry. She also bought baby doll clothes and a high chair for her American Girl Dolls.
 Dalton bought me new outdoor pillows and a rug! I have been wanting an outdoor rug all summer and they were FINALLY on sale!!! I really want to use the deck more this fall ~ it's so nice!!! we need to use it more! I am hoping to find a gas firepit to put out there, too! We'd be roasting marshmallows nightly! ;)
Rhett and Kari were so sweet to offer to keep the kids Sunday night so Dalton and I could go out! We went to Bonefish and it was heavenly! Afterwards, we went to Baskin Robins and I ate every last bite of a Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream cone....and even though I gained 2 lbs this weekend, the food I ate was WELL worth it! I will get off the gravy train tomorrow...but a girl has to celebrate sometimes! :)
 
Monday was spent at home in the pool! Our pool days are dwinlding down, so we are enjoying them as long as we can!!! Dalton and Jackson hunted again this a.m. but Jackson opted to stay at home this afternoon and swim with our friends! Mary Dalton mentioned wanting to go hunting, but had a meltdown because she did not have the right shoes to wear! Needless to say, we are working on her hunting outfit this week so she will be ready to roll next time!!
 
It was a wonderful, wonderful birthday weekend! I am so blessed with a husband that adores me and 2 children who healthy and so thoughtful! So many family and friends texted, emailed and facebooked me such sweet birthday wishes! It was a super special day!!!


No comments:

Blog Archive