Thursday, March 7, 2013

Reading, Recipes & WorkOuts ~

We have had exams this week so Wednesday-Friday we get out at noon ~
I am AMAZED at how much more I can get done with the extra time!
Dalton's truck messed up AGAIN this week and he had to drop it off to get fixed, we were
able to meet him at DQ for lunch! 

The weather has been a little bit warmer the past 2 days and the kids have been able to play outside...
or I am FORCING them outdoors! No TV, Ipad, Ipod, etc. Get on your bike and RIDE!
The days are getting longer and it will "come back" to them  ~ the fact that when it is warm...
outside you go! :)

Jackson has been leading his class with the most AR points for awhile now....
He has 2 girls that are close to him and they basically take days at being ahead! He won the trophy for the most points last year in K5. Mary Dalton did not win last year and she was SO upset! She lost by 1 point! She has about a 20 point lead so she should be ok, but Jackson is reading about an hour every day when he gets home from school! If they win for the most points, Dalton gives them money....and if you know Jax you should know this boy does NOT play where money is concerned! 

Before I post my 2 new favorite recipes  ~let me post my new leg workout!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!
It really does take about 15 mins...and ANYONE can find 15 mins!
I was SO sore the 1st time I did it, but have done it 5-6 times in the last 10 days and can tell a difference already! Jackson wanted to do it with me tonight....the wall squats got him! He said,
"Man Mama! You are tough!" ha!

And for my NEW favorite recipes! If you don't follow Mix Match Mama you SO should! I have had nothing of hers that was not easy and amazingly good!
 
White Chicken Chili ~
1 lb skinless chicken, uncooked
1 chopped onion
1 cream of chicken (I used 2)
1 cup green chili salsa (tomatilla)
1 can chopped chilis
1 can white nothern beans, washed/drained (I will use 2 next time)
1 can chicken broth or 1 cup water
 
Layer in crock pot in order listed. Cover cook on high for 3-4 hours. Shred chicken. Garnish with pepperjack cheese and green onions.
SOOOOOO good!!!
(this was not hot, kids could eat it!)
 
Fiesta Chicken with Cornbread  ~
This is my NEW FAVORITE CROCKPOT RECIPE!!!!
4 chicken breasts, thawed
1 can chopped green chilis, divided
3/4 cup salsa
15 oz black beans, rinsed/drained
1 cup frozen corn (I used canned)
10 oz enchildlada sauce
8 oz jiffy cornbread mix
 2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cup Monteray Jack cheese
 
Stir together chicken, half of chilis and next 4 ingredients/ Cover and cook on high for 4 hours
 
After 4 hours, stir remaining chilis, cornbread, eggs together. Set aside. Shred chicken while in crock pot. Spoon mixed cornbread over chicken. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
 
Remove lid one last time and sprinkle with cheese. Cover until cheese is melted, about 5-10 mins.
 
So easy and DELICIOUS!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive