Monday, July 8, 2013

Red Stamp, Rain and Cleanin' up & Movin' Out...

It is STILL raining in GA! I so wish I was joking! I could almost cry! Having a pool costs a LOT of money and we have only been able to use ours a handfull of times this summer! And I am sure that when I go back to work in THREE short weeks, the weather will be perfect for long days of swimming...OVER it!!!
 
Anyway ~ We have had LOTS of time indoors and my new favorite app is Red Stamp! You can make postcards that you text. facebook, tweet or email...you can also order them! I have had so much fun playing on their site!
Sent this to my better half....
We have eaten SO well the past 4 days! Dalton's been off and he has cooked wonderful meals for us! The kids enjoyed moving from our house to the cabin...just for a scenery change!
I have MAJOR OCD and my closet has been on nerves for awhile...I decided to tackle it today...
I have already done the pantry, kitchen cabinets, the kids' closet, linen closet and guest room...I saved the BIG one for last....
BEFORE ~
We have some built ins, but everything is so jambled up in there, it just looks messy...I fold and refold but it's just not working...
I had all my shoes on the shleves, but moved some things around a bit...
I took EVERYTHING out of the closet and cleaned the base boards...they were NASTY and did the carpet too!
I have too many coats/jackets so I move them to the hall closet...this freed up a lot of space...and all that junk...it is GONE!!!
Dalton's side BEFORE ~ Bless his heart...I try to organize his stuff but he just doesn't get my system....
And of course it ALWAYS look WORSE before it looks BETTER!!! In the middle of all this, Jackson SPILLED the hamster's cage, Mary Dalton had a melt down bc she couldn't reach the jelly, I had a melt down because they were messing up as I was TRYING to clean up....needless to say it was a ROUGH morning at our house...BUT!!!! 6 hours later....I was DONE!!!
She insisted on wearing some of my heels and Jackson wore overalls and a coon skin hat today...So she looked like she could get a job on the corner and he looked like someone off of Moonshiners...whatever....they left me alone during this 20 minute time span....
Finished product!!!
I was SO proud and Jackson said, "It really doesn't look that much better" ~ thanks man!
I loved the shoes to the shelves here, but purses all on one shelf...got rid of some tacky ones! Top bins have all my winter running clothes and sweats!

I bought this plastic shelf at Lowes and I LOVE it!!! I want two more for other closets!!! I put jeans, shorts and swimsuits on it....
Got all that junk up and put away....but STILL have dirty clothes...I swear that basket is NEVER EVER empty....
Dalton's finished side....
 
As  you can tell, I am VERY proud of my hard work! ;)
 
Tomorrow we have a trip to Augusta planned for Mary D to get her braces either OFF or tightened one last time!!! And tomorrow's project will include cleaning out the hall closet and organizing the craft room....wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive