Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy Birthday 10th Jackson!!!

On this day, 10 years ago at 12:31 Jackson David Dowdy entered the world.
Hands down, he was the SWEETEST and BEST baby EVER!!! The Lord knew his sister was a full time job, and He sent me the easiest baby!
I can't believe he is TEN ~ double digits!!! It still seems like he should be bald! ;)
He has changed so much this past year...he has matured so much and has brought us so much joy!
He is a HANDFULL ~ Dalton & I both have "big" personalities and he inherited a huge dose from each of us! He is ALWAYS making jokes, trying to scare you, and is witty! He keeps us on our toes, but keeps us laughing!!!!
He is a great student!!! Mary Dalton &I pick at him because he is sooooo SLOW ~ everything he does he thinks about it and thinks through it before he starts...but when he does the job, it is done perfectly. He is very motivated for a 10 year old and his grades are important to him. 
(I PRAY it stays this way! ha!)
He loves art and is VERY artistic!!! He amazes me at the things he draws and paints. He is full of random information and still loves a McDonald's cheeseburger right below loving Jesus. He is still pretty picky with his eating, but has branched out some...still no vegetables!
One of the biggest things this year for Jackson was going to camp for the first time. I was a nervous wreck, but he had a great time and was even named "Hydro" Member of the Week by his counselors. I love watching him grow up.  
He's the best. 
He makes me so proud to be his Mama. 
The low point of his year would be losing Rebel. Thankfully, my children have not had to deal with death. This was the first time and it was hard. VERY hard. I will never forget holding him in the road when I told him. It doesn't matter how old he is...I never want him to hurt.

9 has been a great year overall for Jackson! I am so thankful that God chose me to his Mama. He is the perfect "fit" for our family.
He also LOVES to be with his Daddy....he used to pick me over Dalton...that doesn't happen much anymore...
These two have themselves a fine time! :)
And his sister...They may argue like cats and dogs, but they ADORE each other. They have the sweetest friendship and I pray that they always will.
Ten.
Double Digits.
Gosh, that happened fast. 
8 years and we will have an empty next (and wallet thanks to 2 kids in college!)

I pray that this year will be the best one yet for our boy. I pray that he will continue to grow in his relationship with Jesus, that he will be healthy and happy, that he will continue to work hard in all that does, and that God would surround him with angels constantly and keep him safe.

We will be celebrating with a few close friend later today! 
I can't wait to celebrate this boy of mine!!!
"Out of all the little boys in the world, how did I get the best one?"

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY JACKSON!!! 

No comments:

Blog Archive