Monday, November 21, 2016

Nashvegas Fun!

We left at lunch Friday and headed to Nashville ~ first stop was Opryland! I wanted the kids to see it all decorated...and it did not disappoint! 
Sue-anna, Amos and Razz came to meet us! Ohhh she is getting so big and she is just do precious! She was so excited about everything! We loved watching her! 
And could we have a moment for the knee socks....
adorable!!! 
We had dinner and then had tickets for a carriage ride through the grounds ~ 
annnnddd I had to do a double take bc MDD looks like me in this pic! 
Ready to ride!!! 
Razz said we were like Cinderella! LOVE! 
Me and my boy ready to go! 
It was so pretty and they had a huge nativity area playing the Christmas story ~ it was very moving...we all enjoyed it! 
We got to my Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Candy's house Friday night around 9:30 ~ Saturday morning we were up early and headed to the barn after breakfast! 
My kids fell in LOVE with Uncle Ronnie! He is so sweet and so patient! He taught them all about horses and caring for them...and put them to work! They LOVED it! 
MDD would now like a horse...she is a really good rider and very confident...she rode all morning! 
Jackson loved it, too ~ and they both now want a horse...but that will not be happening...we are going back to Ronnie's in the spring for a trail ride though! ;) 
After lunch, we went downtown to see my daddy. He was doing a flint knapping demo at a store that carried his knives. This little downtown was PRECIOUS ~ it was like something out of the 50's ~ we loved looking in the cute shops and enjoying the views! 
This was little grocery that has live music, food, ice cream and our favorite...bottled cokes! 
When we walked back to tell Daddy bye, Jax hopped on the opportunity to pretend he was Pawpaw ~ complete with glasses! ha! 
We saw the General Lee on the way out and MD wanted a pic! 
This was the car used in The Andy Griffin Show ~ pretty cool! 
We got back in time for a quick supper and then we headed to the Ole Miss/ Vandy game...it was SOOOOO cold!!!! My two had fun, but couldn't get over how much nicer Ole Miss campus/stadium is than Vandy ~ well....duh kids...
Both kids claimed seats by Uncle Ronnie ~ I am pretty sure that they would move in with him! They ADORE him!!! and he's pretty crazy about them, too! :) 
Our group at the start of the 3rd quarter...we literally took this pic and MD, my mom, my aunt, and I went to the car to defrost for the rest of the game! Jax wasn't leaving his Uncle Ronnie! 
It was so much fun catching up with family I don't see often! 
Sunday morning came early and the kids went back to MS with my parents for the week...and I came home alone. I am hoping to get my shopping done this week and a few other projects! I am going to get them later this week! I know that they will have a blast...and I am excited about lots of dates with their cute Daddy! :) 

No comments:

Blog Archive