Sunday, July 1, 2018

(Backup) Victoria, BC ~ The End of Our Trip

Saturday was our last day on the boat! After a long night, we slept in and I actually wasn't feeling too sea sick ~ it look a dang week but I FINALLY "got my sea legs!" The kids went to eat sushi and Dalton & I had lunch! 
 
This is HUGE ~ I sat by the window.
There were waves. 
I did not get sick. 
What!?!?! 
We walked around the boat and looked at the observation deck ~ it was super cool to watch them while we docked in Canada. 
It took a LONG time to get off the boat!!! We were also three hours late. There was a medical emergency on the boat and we had to stop for 3 hour while they sent a helicopter to get the man off the boat. I was so excited about Victoria but this turned out to be my least favorite port.

These cuties were ready to go!!!  
It was sort of hard to figure out exactly how to get to the downtown area ~ we were already pressed for time, but finally bought bus tickets and headed out to see the sights! 
We seriously had 3-4 hours here, I am sure I would have loved it if we had longer! It was also late ~ like 8:30-9 so EVERYTHING was closing or closed. 
We wanted to go look in the lobby but they had security out front so we could not get it...sure was pretty though!  
My loves ~ still amazed we did not kill each other cooped up together for 10 days! ;) 
Jerry found a cigar shop and Jackson was DYING to go in ~ sorry buddy! 6 more years until you are 18! ;) 
He was admiring the Cuban cigar ~ he is SLIGHTY obsessed with a dang cigar ~ the rolling, the brands, everything....
#weneedprayers
#lots
We made our way back to the boat around 11:30 and had one last ice cream cone before turning in the for the night! We only had about 120 miles to Seattle ~ We were off the boat by 9 and at the airport by 10 for our 12 pm flight ~

We landed around 8:30 ~ got our luggage and were in our beds by midnight!!! 
It was a LONG day, but so many memories were made and we had a wonderful time!!! Definitely a bucket list trip!!! Can't wait for our next adventure...but I can ASSURE you ~ it will NOT be on a cruise ship! ;) 

No comments:

Blog Archive