Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Bear Hunting and Girl Time!

Dalton and Jackson have planned for months and months for their trip to Canada to hunt bears! 
They got off to a really rocky start on Saturday morning when they missed their flight by two minutes causing them to mess their four connecting flights. After 15 hours in the airport and about three hours of sleep, Rhett sent me this picture of Dalton. He had had enough and needed a nap!!! 

They’re definitely making memories though! Dalton said Jackson was a trooper… But I’m not surprised, he rarely complains and is so easy to deal with!!! 

After three hours on the phone with Delta, Dalton got five of the six on the trip re-booked for another flight. Thankfully they did not miss a day of hunting they were just a little late getting to camp! Rhett managed to get on the first flight so he met up with them on the last leg of the trip and I headed into camp. Jackson and Dalton both killed a bear on June 3… Which was also our 19th wedding anniversary! Talk about a great gift! My two favorite men both killing bears!!!
Mary Dalton and I have been excited about our girl time but we are missing them like crazy! She doesn’t like to sleep when her daddy’s not here to “protect“ us. Neither of us have slept well this week! We have had a good time together though!

Dalton sent us this picture when they finally got on a flight! I literally watched the Delta app all night long to make sure that they made it there. They had major plane issues before they even took off and then they were diverted… Needless to say I was up until three making sure they landed!  
 This picture was from Sunday right before they had to cut their phones off. Dalton had just told Jackson that Mary Dalton and I cleaned out his room and rearranged it… You can say he was not very excited. I hauled off four bags of trash. His room looks like something in pottery barn for the time being… I’m sure it will look like a frat house in a week!

even though we were tired, we got up Sunday morning and went to church in Augusta. We had lunch afterwards and went and saw a movie and did some shopping. It was a fun Sunday for sure!

And this is how I spent my 19th anniversary… Doing facemasks with these two nuts!!! 

Tuesday was pool day… We planned that well because we will have rain for the rest of the week! I snapped this picture on a whim and it’s probably my favorite picture I’ve ever taken of these two girls. The bond they have is so close. They are so much like sisters it’s scary. They even finish each other sentences! 

Lots of girl time for sure!!!


Tuesday night I had some of the girls on the cheer team come over and help choreograph a dance. We are trying to get so much done this summer because time is so limited once school starts. I cook supper for them and they worked so hard to get this dance complete! 
There was lots of laughing and it was such a fun night!

Clarissa came and helped me with supper and she brought all the fixings for Sundaes! 

Somehow the feather trend has come back in style… And the girls were dying to have one put in. So needless to say we made an appointment and handle that today. I have to say they actually are cute!!!  But I think most anything is cute when you look like them… Oh to be young again!!! 

After their hair appointment we grab supper and then I took them to United at Stevens Creek. This is their monthly youth service. The girls absolutely loved it and are planning to go to summer camp with this church! It takes about 50 minutes for us to get there but it’s so worth it!!!  They talked the whole way home about how much fun they had and how much they learned. They also both talked about how real the student pastor was and how they could relate to him so easily. It was glow night and they had games for them! They loved it!!!


we have five more days until the boys are back! I know they’ve had a blast but we cannot wait to have them back with us! In the meantime we have lots of girl things to finish doing before they get back!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive