Monday, July 15, 2024

June Recap

June came and went super fast! We started the month with Jackson’s orientation at UGA. He has been going to Athens for 3 years, so he knows his way around and already has a solid friend group…I am SO thankful!!! He met up with one of his friends who had the same orientation time. 

The last bird is about it leave the nest! What am I going to do without this boy?!?!?

We were THRILLED that MD was named to the Presidential Scholar List for having a 4.0 GPA. UGA calculates GPA a strange way…an A is not a full 4 points, so this was a BIG accomplishment! 

For 2 weeks of June, 3/4 of us were in Canada on the annual fishing trip Jackson normally takes with Dalton’s dad. They boys went for the first week. 

Jackson loves this place! 

Dalton has not been in years, so he enjoyed some time away and with Jackson. 

And then the second half…I went. Getting there was an adventure. We missed one full day because the weather was too foggy to fly out on this TINY plane!!!! We had a TWO hour flight on this thing with ZERO bathroom. This flight was BUMPY and I was so thankful to finally land!!! 

Only to take a FLOAT PLANE to the next location! It held 3 passengers. I was glad I took Dramamine! 

This place is an island with just a camp. You fish all day and the guides do a shore lunch for you. Of course when I was there it was RECORD cold. 

This lunch was the highlight of my day every single day! 



Annndddd the fishing was slow but I did catch a nice one! 

While we were in Canada, MD went to visit one of her sorority sisters in Jupiter, FL. She had a blast! 

Dalton’s Uncle Ben passed away and we had a memorial service. That’s him in the urn. No joke. I have never scattered ashes, but I can now mark that off my bucket list. Word to the wise, scatter on a non-windy day.

Jackson finished up his thank you notes! I think he said he did 156! So thankful for our friends and family who celebrated our boy! 

The end of June was spent at home resting and repacking for July adventures! This summer has been filled with traveling. Both the kids are planning to study abroad next summer, so this was the last summer we will have of family traveling for a little while, so we took full advantage! 

No comments:

Blog Archive